It has been a while since the 17.4 release which fixed several issues. Now the time has come to do another named 17.5 where they tackled several more issues that were identified. Although they have already moved on with development towards v18 they do take the time to fix issues for the current release when they can. We recommend everyone to upgrade to this version once it's available for their platform to have the best experience possible. If you want to know what has changed you can browse the list below.
Fixes done in this release:
- Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
- More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
- Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
- Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
- Fix up and down buttons on ir remotes with macOS High Sierra
- Added latest apple devices to allow retina support
- Fix not being able to add content manually to videolibrary
- Fix power message handling for CEC
- Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window
What else is new?
In the bugfix releases they never include any new features. They are as feature complete as the initial version with the difference is they contain stability and usability fixes.